Thursday, December 6, 2007

Shopping in Peoria

OK - I have just got to say I am pleasantly surprised by my shopping experiences in the last few weeks - even though we're in that time crunch, stressful time - people have been so nice!

I was at Cub Foods the day before Thanksgiving and the people shopping were smiling and chatting with each other. Then, when I went down one aisle in particular, one woman was looking for canned asparagus so she asked and then another shouted out something she needed and everyone just kind of pitched in and helped find the items. I felt like I was shopping with friends.

Then the day after Thanksgiving I dared to go out to Kohl's. I didn't up end buying anything because the line seemed to stretch all the way to Sam's, but the people in line were talking and seemed to be in a good mood. I don't think that I could have been in such a good mood after spending that much time waiting in line!

Well and then there was the lady I ran across in the parking lot at WalMart. I tried to be helpful to the cart people by carrying all of my bags to the car. It was a great plan until I got to the car and realized I would need to set all of the bags down in order to open the door to my SUV. Well luckily a lady in a navy blue convertable recognized my plight and came to my rescue. She opened the door for me and we even had a nice little chat about how her daughter has the same type of SUV and how nice they are for the size, etc, etc. It was one of those moments that I walked away with a "fuller bucket." So thanks to the lady in the blue convertable.

No comments:

About Me

Heart of Illinois, Peoria, United States